gods

All of my Gods
But none of my demons
hoiked up their skirts
and took a walkabout one day.

They packed up my compassion,
Stuffed it into a box.
Wrapped up my beliefs
Put them in the post to Santa.

None of those Gods
Had explained death and life to me;
And they deemed it unnecessary
To send anyone to do so.

Like a dead cicada
All they left of me
was my brittle casing
hung in a tree to dry.

They weren’t really very
supporting and nice were they?
Seems the devil and his cronies
Are best relied upon.

They are staunch in their beliefs.
They follow through.
They will defend you
and your foibles at the drop of a hat.

Three cheers for Satan and his mates.
At least they’re around when you need them.






  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> //

    <$BlogCommentDateTime$>






No comments:

Post a Comment